Event Planning Manual - Under Development
Marketing an event is often times the most challenging part of the event planning process. However it also creates a lot of opportunities to communicate your organizations vision.
Step 1: Event Summary & Details
Before advertising an event, several prerequisites must be fulfilled by the planning team.
- Event Summary - write 2 paragraphs or about 170 words to describe the event.
Example: The strategic manipulation of information has become a powerful political tool for creating confusion in healthy countries. The erosion of trust between citizens, communities and nation-states threatens global peace and security in the 21st century. It is our responsibility as Data+Scientists to inoculate society from this threat by deploying intelligent algorithms which identify and tag troll comments | profiles. The Machine Learning Society and the CO Science & Tech Social Network are currently designing a Hackathon which aims to restore trust on the internet.
- Artwork - A cool image allows you to visualize the event and helps your audience do the same. Contact Tristen@MLsociety.com for art.
- Venue - Finding a venue is difficult without a semi-formed event structure and interested speakers / attendees. Use this venue template to help book a location.
The number of impressions that you make is directly correlated with how many people will know about the event and RSVP for it.
Broadcasting on Social Media & Event Managers
- All upcoming Events should be posted on several platforms for maximum exposure.
- Facebook (through eventbrite integration)
- CO Chapter Page.
Machine Learning Society events are designed to bring the audience into a new reality. Please use this Manual to structure event logistics and deliver a powerful experience to the audience.
MLS & CO Guiding Principles: Every event must:
- Create a sense of community and intellectual curiosity.
- Inform the audience about the Computational Renaissance and how science and technology is transforming the world.
- Provide valuable resources for our members including (lectures, podcasts, mentors….)
Typical Event requirements
Steps for successful Event Organization
Structure Event Team
Write Executive Summary
Post Event across all channels (eventbrite / meetup)
Find cross promoters
Social Media blast
Areas of Interest
Performance Algorithms, Mathematics & Statistics
Chemistry, Neuroscience, Biology
Autonomous Navigation Drones Robotics HPC & Supercomputing
Microchips & Embedded Systems
Next Gen Sequencing
Algorithmic trading Crypto-currency Blockchain
Smart Contracts Ethereum
ML in Marketing Business Analytics Cloud Services
Subject Workshopor Panel Discussion topics: